Welcome to the Monster M*A*S*H Wiki
|Welcome to the M*A*S*H Wiki|
Inspired by the 1968 novel "MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors" by Richard Hooker, and the 1970 Robert Altman film of the same name, the M*A*S*H TV series depicted the medical staff and accompanying personnel stationed at the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, a medical unit stationed in Uijeongbu, Korea in the early 1950s during the Korean War. Though originally a comedy, the series ultimately became a 'dramedy' showing the darker as well as the lighter side of being in a medical unit a few mere miles from the front.
The TV series spanned eleven seasons and 256 episodes, and proved to be highly successful. After its first season, and except for Season 4 when it rated 14th, it was a perennial top 10 favorite. Along the way, it also garnered 14 Emmy Awards (out of 99 nominations) as well as many other accolades for its writers, producers and actors. The series originally aired on CBS-TV from September 17, 1972 to February 28, 1983. The show still plays in syndication, mainly on the classic TV subchannel MeTV.
- January 5, 2006 - This wiki is created!
- December 24, 2013 - Timrock adopts and takes ownership of the wiki, with many major changes, hundreds of new article pages created (from 50 to over 300+ within a six-month period) and a revamped main page.
- Early 2015 - Wiki continues to grow, from approximately 300+ to 700+, with second major change to the main page.
- September 14, 2015 - AndyC37 is granted admin rights, and contributes more changes, as the number of articles grow to over 950 pages, with another improvement to the main page.
- March 29, 2017 - Since it's creation, this wiki has grown massively with the wiki growing to over 1,000 pages.
|Creating New Articles|
Why not help out, and contribute to this wiki! To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki for some tips
- If you are new to wikis, check Help:Getting Started
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
|External links/Featured Websites|
- M*A*S*H 4077th TV.com contains information about the M*A*S*H TV series and a fan discussion forum.
- M*A*S*H 4077.co.uk UK site contains M*A*S*H episodes, memories, quotes, awards and character/actor/crew bios and forum discussions.
- AfterM*A*S*H Blogspot - contains information about the M*A*S*H TV series, movies, AfterM*A*S*H, books, and other media, as well as a fan discussion forum, too!
- http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/ Best Care Anyhere - Virtually everything you ever wanted to know about M*A*S*H...and more.
(Season 9, Episode 6)
(written by Dan Wilcox & Thad Mumford; directed by Burt Metcalfe)
With the 20th Century "now officially half-kaput", the New Year does not come without its share of events- everything from corn-on-the-cob to kidney machines, and from knitting needles to the National League.
Facebook (M*A*S*H at TVLand page):