|Welcome to the M*A*S*H Wiki|
This wiki is devoted to everything about M*A*S*H, from the Richard Hooker novels to the Oscar-winning 1970 Robert Altman film adaptation to the long-running, Emmy Award-winning CBS TV series.Richard Hooker's 1968 bestseller, "MASH: A Novel About Three Army Doctors", and the 1970 Robert Altman film of the same name, M*A*S*H depicted the medical staff and personnel of the 4077th Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, a medical unit situated just a few miles away from the North Korean front near the town of Uijeongbu.
Though the TV series started out as a situation comedy, it evolved over time into a comedy-drama hybrid which, while continuing to show how the members of the 4077th attempted to maintain their individual and collective sanity using humor and hijinks, increased the emphasis on the darker side of war.
Despite a rough start, M*A*S*H became highly successful with 256 episodes over eleven seasons, from 1972 to 1983. Except for seasons one and four, the series was a perennial top 10 hit. Along the way, it earned 14 Emmy Awards, eight Golden Globes, a Peabody, and many other accolades for its writers, producers and actors.
The series originally aired on CBS-TV from September 17, 1972 to February 28, 1983. The show still plays in syndication, most prominently on the Classic TV subchannel MeTV.
- January 5, 2006 - This wiki is created!
- December 24, 2013 - Timrock adopts and takes ownership of the wiki, with many major changes, hundreds of new article pages created (from 50 to over 300+ within a six-month period) and a revamped main page.
- Early 2015 - Wiki continues to grow, from approximately 300+ to 700+, with second major change to the main page.
- September 14, 2015 - AndyC37 is granted admin rights, and contributes more changes, as the number of articles grow to over 950 pages, with another improvement to the main page.
- March 29, 2017 - Since it's creation, this wiki has grown massively with the wiki growing to over 1,000 pages.
|Creating New Articles|
We are always looking to expand the contents and make improvements to this website... Hey! Why not help out, and contribute to this wiki! To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki for some tips
- If you are new to wikis, check Help:Getting Started
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.
|External links/Featured Websites|
- M*A*S*H 4077th TV.com contains information about the M*A*S*H TV series and a fan discussion forum.
- M*A*S*H 4077.co.uk UK site contains M*A*S*H episodes, memories, quotes, awards and character/actor/crew bios and forum discussions.
- AfterM*A*S*H Blogspot - contains information about the M*A*S*H TV series, movies, AfterM*A*S*H, books, and other media, as well as a fan discussion forum, too!
- http://www.bestcareanywhere.net/ Best Care Anyhere - Virtually everything you ever wanted to know about M*A*S*H...and more.
Season 1, Episode 17, originally aired January 28, 1973)
(Written by Carl Kleinschmitt; directed by William Wiard)A front-line writer and childhood friend of Hawkeye pays a visit to the 4077th, but when he later returns as a casualty and dies on the operating table, Hawkeye is overcome with grief,